Tuesday 30 September 2014

THE SUICIDE CLUB By Rhys Thomas



When I picked this book up at the library, I had really high hopes for it. The blurb and front cover pulled me in like a child to a sweet shop and I couldn't wait to get started. However, I'm sad to say that I have been quite disappointed. This book just didn't deliver what it had promised to me on the shelf.

I found that while I had the book in my hands, it was easy enough to read. But it was far to easy to put down for my liking, and once I had put it down, I found very little in the way of anything pulling me back to read any more. I'd happily read this if there was a lack of other texts, but with so many other great books out there waiting to be read, I feel bad concentrating on a book I'm not totally enjoying.

Of course, try it for yourself. As I've said many a time, what I write here is purely my opinion and it should never be a list of things you should or shouldn't read. For all I know, this may be the best book you have ever read and in that case, I am glad you enjoyed it. We all have the odd book that we struggle to love now and then, and unfortunately this was one for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment