Monday 2 February 2015

THE THREE By Sarah Lotz


Well, here we are again! This time I've been reading The Three by Sarah Lotz who you may remember as being on of the authors of The Ward. I must say that I was left a little confused and disappointed with it. I am not adding this to the list of my 2015 Reading Challenge as I didn't actually finish the book.

I really like the idea behind the book but I found it difficult to keep up with characters as Lotz kept changing the point of view. Don't get me wrong,I enjoy books which are told from different points of view, but I thought that repeating the same event from five or six people's perspective before moving the story on got a little tedious after a while and it made it difficult to follow and read.

I was expecting more after reading The Ward and I had kind of gotten my hopes up that this was going to be an amazing book. I  apologies to anyone who really enjoyed this book, I understand that this is a popular book with many people and there are probably people who disagree with me, but I'm afraid you can't like every book you ever pick up.

For a review from someone who really did enjoy this book, head over HERE

1 comment:

  1. Aww no :( I'm sad that you didn't enjoy it. I know we're all going to like different things, but you've pretty much liked all the other things I've recommended. I hope I can give you some better book suggestions in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete