Saturday 29 March 2014

THE HOLLOW CHOCOLATE BUNNIES OF THE APOCALYPSE By Robert Rankin



With a name like The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies Of The Apocalypse, how can you not be intrigued into reading this fantastic looking book?

Before I started reading this novel, I Googled it to see what other people had said about it and the general consensus was that this book had what I like to call, 'the marmite effect'. People were either giving it five stars or one, they either loved it or hated it, and with no clearer view on whether I should read it or not, I just dived straight in.

Unfortunately, six chapters in and I am no closer to knowing whether or not I like the book and why I was continuing to read a book that did nothing to entertain me what so ever. I'm not saying I hated the book I just found it a little pointless and O.T.T on the violence front. Personally, I get no enjoyment from reading about a thirteen year old boy, threatening to shoot a barman with a homemade pistol, because his cooker had broken down and he couldn't give him any food. That just doesn't do it for me!

I can see why this would appeal to some people but it just isn't for me. I can't make a recommendation for this book because it really is a read-it-and-see kinda novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment