Thursday 3 October 2013

ONE DAY by David Nicholls


To be honest with you, I felt a little disappointed with this book. When I was at high school, the Library lady wouldn't let us read it because it was 'too mature', so when I got to college and I could read what I liked this is one of the first books I picked up.

In the week I have been reading this book, I have yet to make it past page twenty five, so far I have found the plot a little flat and its just not what I wanted or expected from this book. Perhaps in a few months time I will attempt to read it again and who knows, by then things may have changed and I may really enjoy it, but at the minute I am just finding it far too easy to put down in favour of another book. I believe a book should hook you in from the first paragraph and keep you there, unable to close the book let alone put it down, and ONE DAY just isn't doing this for me. Its not exciting me in the way a gook should.

This is only my opinion on the book, don't let me keep you from trying it for yourself, it may be your thing, you may really enjoy it. You'll never know if its the book for you until you turn the first page and begin to read.

As I said before, I do plan to come back and try this book again in a couple of months.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's right. There are so many great books to read, don't feel guilty about putting one book down and coming back to it another time.

    ReplyDelete